Homemade face masks

I am by no means trying to move into the world of beauty blogging or consider myself a beauty expert but I decided to do this post because 140 characters on Twitter is not enough for me to share my love for homemade face masks!

As I am getting older, I am becoming more concerned with looking after my skin and recently decided to try making my own homemade face treatments instead of using store bought products and I have to say my skin has never looked better! I tried quite a few different masks but the one that has worked wonders on my skin is the 'turmeric and coconut oil' face mask.

Obviously having a good diet helps and I have pretty much cut out processed sugars (apart from the occasional treat here and there, more so recently but it's Christmas so..), avoid dairy, drink plenty of water but a good skin regime on top of this works wonders too.

The Mask



There are quite a few variations out there but I find mixing 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil works best. Mix the two ingredients together so it makes a nice paste, apply to your face and wash off with warm water after approx. 15 mins and voila your skin will have a glow! I also recommend applying rose water to your skin afterwards and then your usual moisturiser.

One word of warning with this mask is turmeric stains - be careful not to get on your clothing and don't leave on your face for more than 15 minutes otherwise your skin will get an orange tinge to it.

You can also make a scrub out of the above by adding brown sugar. With this add 1/2 tsp of brown sugar to the above recipe and then rub the scrub on your face in circular motions, leave on for about 5 minutes and then remove with warm water!

Probably best to do this twice a week as you don't want your skin to dry out.

Verdict
I highly recommend you try the above mask as my skin has actually never looked better. So much so that I have reduced the amount of makeup I need to wear. Unless I am going out in the evening then nowadays I only wear bb cream, obvs eye liner and then dab a bit of Benefit sunbeam on my cheeks.


Benefit's sunbeam is one product I do recommend you purchase as it gives great cheekbone definition with minimal make up.

Coconut Oil



Since I am on the topic and as I'm sure you are all aware, coconut oil has become extremely trendy at the moment and it is actually one trend that lives up to the hype - I can't get enough of it! Highly recommend you try it on your hair, teeth and just cook with it in general.

Hair
I often get asked if my hair is real (believe, it is all real) and what I use - well my 'secret' is coconut oil. I apply it once a week by melting it and then massaging it into my hair. I leave it in my hair for about an hour, wash out as per usual and voila my hair is silky and thick.

Teeth
Another use of coconut oil is to whiten your teeth and it actually works. There are quite a few products out there that you can buy but to be honest I would just by a bottle of coconut oil from your local supermarket for like £2 and then use it daily.

Leave your comments below and if you have tried the mask and your verdict.

XxX
   Like me on Facebook                          Follow me on Twitter                    Follow me on Tumblr

Meera Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram