iTunes Festival - Avicii

My arm is aching from 'fist pumping' and I pretty much don't have a voice...yep I won tickets to see Avicii at iTunes Festival last night at Camden's Roundhouse and boy was it a night to remember! Since I haven't done a music based post for a while I thought I might as well do a mini write up of the night. 

I actually spend quite a lot of time in the Roundhouse as I go there to practise my Djing, but last night was the first time I went there to see an artist perform and who better to see then Avicii! I adore Avicii, in my eye's he is a 24 year old genius. From his banging productions to his music videos, I love everything. I don't half look forward to seeing the videos to go with his head-banging tunes because you always know they are going to have an interesting and meaningful story to them.

Anyways let's get to the actual night which saw the Roundhouse transformed into one mega amazing club night that kicked off with support act and fellow producer/ DJ Henrik B who mixed a variety of popular tunes. Henrik B certainly got us all in the mood for Avicii, not that we needed it because by the time Avicii hit the decks the crowd was ready for one long rave - well I know I certainly was.

Avicii opened with his hit and one of my favourite productions of his, I Could Be The One and then from there on it turned into a full-on rave complete with banging tunes, smoke blasting from the stage, lasers, glow sticks, fireworks as well as variety of backdrops to add to the electric atmosphere.


New single, You Make Me (highly recommend you check this one out if you haven't heard it already) was dropped into the mix alongside a number of his other productions.


It wasn't just a 90 minute mix of Avicii's own productions, however, as he dropped a number of hits from the likes of Armin van Buuren, Duck Sauce and of course Tommy Trash and Sebastian Ingrosso's Reload into his mix.

Images all my own, taken on my Nokia Lumia. 

The highlight of the night for me was when Avicii dropped Levels and Wake Me Up into his mix. These tracks were definitely enhanced by the confetti that exploded from the air, as well as the fireworks coming out of the stage which got us all singing along and chanting A-VI-CII...overall it was a brilliant way to end the night which can only be described as one big rave up - not bad for a Friday night 'ey. 

XxX 

Like me on Facebook                          Follow me on Twitter                    Follow me on Tumblr

Meera Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram