Couture Fashion Show Fall 2009


For part of my work experience I have been checking out style.com but instead of the usual section I always check (that's the ready to wear catwalk shows) I was looking at the Couture shows for Fall 2009. My favourite collection had to be Christian Dior's. The garment silhouette was reminiscent of Dior's New Look in the late 1940's. I loved the feminine silhouette of Dior's New Look back then and love the fresh take on it today. The bold colours perhaps made a contrast to another show which stood out to me and that was Elie Saab's all white collection. There was a wide variety of shapes and cuts of garments which would make for a modern wedding dress, so if you are getting married in the next year or so and want a dress that will stand out check out Elie Saab! 

Meera Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram