Billboard Music Awards 2013

The Billboard awards took place last night in Las Vegas and the performances on the night looked pretty cool with the likes of Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Chris Brown and  Miguel taking to the stage. 

As always though I had to check out what everyone was wearing as they walked down the blue carpet. Scroll down to see who wore what and what I thought.

Best Dressed

Although when it comes to her music I am not a fan, when it comes to the red carpet (or blue carpet in this case..) Taylor Swift usually gets it right and I did like Taylor in this Zuhair Murad number. 

Worst Dressed
I know everyone is entitled to wear what they want, as taste differs from person to person, but the two ladies on this list need to get a new stylist.


Nayer seemed to be trying to hard to make a statement and it failed miserably. Not a fan of her look, I think her dog looks better...


Not sure what Carly Rae Jepsen was thinking when she wore this sheer dress, does nothing for her. 

And the Rest....

Jennifer Lopez was another artist that opted for Zuhair Murad. I do like this gown and she looks good keeping the rest of her look natural. 

Shania Twain looked great in her Grecian inspired gown. 


Miley Cryus opted for a Balmain jumpsuit. I quite like this look I think Miley carries it off well.

Selena Gomez opted for Versace and even though I am not a major fan of the neon edging she works it. I do however prefer her second black dress that she took to the stage to present an award in.

 
Kelly Rowland opted for a Rami Al Ali couture gown. 


Ariana Grande looked cute in her black dress. Anyone else think she looks like a mini Cheryl Cole?

Ke$ha opted for a simple Givenchy dress. Makes a change from her usual choices; not bad but not very flattering. 

You might recognise Jennifer Morrison's Kristian Aadnevik dress from Selena Gomez's Come and Get it Video. The question is though who wore it better... 

Only Madonna can pull this look off! 


I know Nicki Minaj has toned down her look recently but I kind of miss looking at her fun outfits. Although her red gown was nice I think she could have worked something a bit more fun. 


I also liked what Will.i.am was wearing, defo the best dressed male on the night. Love his shoes - I would so wear them! 

And the Winners Are..

Top Artist
Taylor Swift 

Top Hot 100 Song
'Somebody That I Used To Know' - Gotye feat. Kimbra 

Top Billboard 200 Album
Red - Taylor Swift

Top Duo/Group
One Direction

Top New Artist
One Direction

Top Touring Artist
Madonna


Top Male Artist
Justin Bieber


Top Female Artist
Taylor Swift


Top Hot 100 Artist
Maroon 5


Top Billboard 200 Artist
Taylor Swift 

Top Digital Songs Artist
Taylor Swift


Top Radio Songs Artist
Rihanna


Top Social Artist
Justin Bieber


Top Streaming Artist
Nicki Minaj


Top Pop Artist
One Direction


Top R&B Artist
Rihanna 

Top Rap Artist
Nicki Minaj


Top Country Artist
Taylor Swift


Top Rock Artist
Fun.


Top Latin Artist
Jenni Rivera 

Top Dance Artist
Madonna


Top EDM Artist
David Guetta


Top Christian Artist
tobyMac


Top Pop Album
21 - Adele

Top R&B Album
Unapologetic - Rihanna

Top Rap Album
Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - Nicki Minaj

Top Country Album
Red - Taylor Swift 

Top Rock Album
Babel - Mumford & Sons

Top Latin Album
La Misma Gran Señora - Jenni Rivera

Top Dance Album
MDNA - Madonna

Top EDM Album
Bangarang - Skrillex

Top Christian Album
Eye On It - tobyMac

Top Digital Song
'Call Me Maybe' - Carly Rae Jepsen


Top Radio Song
'Somebody That I Used To Know' - Gotye feat. Kimbra


Top Streaming Song (Audio)
'Somebody That I Used To Know' - Gotye feat. Kimbra 

Top Streaming Song (Video)
'Gangnam Style' - PSY


Top Pop Song
'Call Me Maybe' - Carly Rae Jepsen


Top R&B Song
'Diamonds' - Rihanna


Top Rap Song
'Thrift Shop' - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz


Top Country Song
'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' - Taylor Swift


Top Rock Song
'Somebody That I Used To Know' - Gotye feat. Kimbra


Top Latin Song
'Ai Se Eu Te Pego' - Michel Teló


Top Dance Song
'Harlem Shake' - Baauer


Top EDM Song
'Harlem Shake' - Baauer


Top Christian Song
'10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)' - Matt Redman


Milestone Award
Justin Bieber


Billboard Icon Award
Prince

So Stylista's what did you think  of the blue carpet fashion at the Billboard Awards and the winners? Leave your comments below. 





XxX

Follow me on Facebook                          Follow me on Twitter                    Follow me on Tumblr

Meera Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram